Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing is a unique and amazing retreat that blends the love of sewing with skill-building experiences and business opportunity. Whether you want to teach or not, this sewing retreat is not to be missed. With a curriculum that brings you wonderful projects developed by our Martha Pullen licensing team, your time will be filled with hands-on sewing, lots of fun and memories to last a lifetime. We guarantee it!
As always, your retreat is a complete experience, starting with lovingly assembled kits from which you’ll create some of your projects. Add to lunches you’ll share with friends new and old, the laughter and fun … a chance to re-stock your stash with beautiful fabrics, laces and trims, plus the latest notions and tools …. all with your hotel room just steps away. What could be more perfect?
Explore the many distinctive heirloom touches as you learn the secrets to executing them on today’s top of the line equipment, under the watchful eyes of the Martha Pullen sewing faculty. Whether you are new to sewing, serging and embroidery or have been at it for years, this program will help you enhance your skills for sensational results! Join nationally recognized educators and Martha Pullen specialists Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Alicia Welcher, Libby Ashcraft and Angela Jones
for an information-packed retreat focused on exquisitely created, detail-oriented, classic touches designed to take advantage of the latest sewing techniques.
Licensing EXPRESS is designed to give you the whole curriculum (yes! the entire curriculum), along with the experience of a face-to-face retreat, in a shortened time frame. The Perfect Mix curriculum includes over 30 projects with 15 specifically selected Martha Pullen-style kits for you to choose to work on during your time with us, plus you will receive practice kits and a beautiful thread bag! As with all licensings, you won’t complete all kits while we’re together, but you will gain the essential knowledge to finish each and every project in the curriculum. Over 30 projects!
YES! You will share the copyright to the entire curriculum.
YES! You can copy and teach all projects.
YES! You are allowed to sell completed projects in the curriculum without worry of restraint.
YES! You can take The Perfect Mix Licensing EXPRESS even if you've never taken a licensing before – there are no pre-requisites.
YES! You can attend a licensing even if you have no plans to teach at all! Many attend just for the fun and wonderful projects.
New Bonus: Yes! You will have special pricing on lifetime access to watch the video and review all the lessons and techniques for The Perfect Mix online Licensing Course.
Your retreat will begin with learning about the machines you're working with – then we jump in with both feet – covering techniques, tips and tricks for heirloom, quilting, serging with knits, exceptional accessory feet, specialty stitches, working with decorative threads, machine embroidery and much, much more! When you leave, you’ll not only be a master of the essential techniques, you’ll have completed the required steps to be a Licensed Martha Pullen Teacher.
- Take home beautiful kits to create 15 selected projects, each one complete with clearly illustrated, complete instructions and patterns. These projects are ones that you can use to teach classes, make for resale, enjoy for personal use or give as gifts. Priceless!
- Receive exclusive embroidery design files in all formats. These designs can also be used in your own classroom!
- Learn to work with different fabric types, laces and trims as you build on your own sewing, serging and embroidery skills. Move from technique to technique, project to project throughout the week. As always, you’ll learn all the techniques needed to complete the full complement of projects, and you can decide which projects to work on during the retreat. Explore and practice essential techniques and essential details including how to shape trims, incorporate insertions, edgings and entredeux, create ruffles, pleats, bindings and so much more.
- Apply the techniques you learn to garments for babies, children, dolls and adults, and incorporate these versatile techniques into home décor items, fashion accessories, purses, totes and organization/storage projects.
- Create a beautiful display quilt that secretly incorporates and shows off the many techniques you’ve learned. Imagine it in use, or, if you’re a teacher, as a classroom inspiration!
- Sew an amazing Christening gown, or matching First Communion dress, a continuous hoop embroidered doll dress, totes, bags and a storage bin, plus tops and pants for girls and MORE!
- Projects are varied in style and complexity: some are designed to be made over and over as quick, meaningful gifts, while others are more elaborate, and are destined to become treasured family heirlooms.
- Discover a variety of new uses for your specialty sewing machine and serger feet and accessories for easier and more accurate gathers, piping, puffing, pintucks and binding.
- Gain knowledge, tips and tricks for a range of machine embroidery applications, including appliqué, surface design and free-standing motifs.
- Husqvarna Viking Epic sewing and embroidery machines will be provided for classroom use.
Self-Binding Baby Blanket
Bargello Tote Bag
Organza Banded Pillowcase
Special Licensing Mug Rug
Sew Sassy Kitchen Towel
Fun & Fancy Makeup Bag
Heirloom Sampler Quilt
Lace & Ribbons Christening Gown or Child's Dress
Dolly & Me Jumper and Ruffled Pants
Knit Infinity Scarf & Flower Pin
Baby Boy & Girl Sleeping Door Pillow
3D Heat N Shrink Flower
Other projects, for which you will receive all the files, include: Baby Boy and Baby Girl Heirloom Layette which includes a bubble, bib, booties, burb-cloth, bib and blankets and a Christening Slip, Lace & Ribbons Doll Dress and Slip, Lacy Heirloom Blouse, Ruching & Rickrack Overlay Dress, Woven Lattice Table Runner, Two-Color Mitered Napkin and Napkin Ring, Sew, Serge and Flip Placemats, The Everything Tote, Under the Sea Child’s Backpack, Textured Travel Pillow Sham and a Lacy Heirloom Pillow.
Click here for Supply List.
Call 256-655-3090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org