Children's Garment Construction
Classic Sewing Teacher Licensing is a unique and unforgettable retreat-style experience that blends the love of Sewing, Serging, and Machine Embroidery with friendships, skill-building, and business opportunities. Whether you are creating for your own personal satisfaction, making items to sell, or teaching others these valuable techniques, the Classic Sewing Teacher Licensing is invaluable in your sewing life. Your days will be filled with hands-on sewing, lots of fun, and memories to last a lifetime.
Beautiful clothing for children is all about style and construction details – and this licensing provides you with at least twenty children’s garment project handouts, with the teaching focus on designer-worthy construction techniques. If you’ve ever wondered how to construct collars, plackets, hem finishes, sleeves, and garment closures, this licensing will answer your questions and give you several easy-to-incorporate variations for each construction detail. You’ll wonder why you ever struggled with lining a child’s garment once you learn simple and quick-to-construct methods that can be adapted to any garment in any size. Garments will be age appropriate and fall within sizes 2-6 for many boy garments and 2-8 for most girls. Once you master the techniques from this licensing, you’ll be able to take any pattern and construct the garment exactly how you want it to be, no matter the size.
The Children’s Garment Construction curriculum is packed with beautiful projects. You’ll leave class with lots of kits developed by the licensing team. You will explore the many distinctive heirloom touches as you learn the secrets to executing them on today’s top-of-the-line equipment under the watchful eyes of the Classic Sewing faculty.
Plan on discovering and perfecting a collection of sewing tips, tricks, and extraordinary techniques during your days with us. You will work on mastering your sewing skills with instruction from experts in the field. Whether you are new to sewing, serging, and embroidery or have been at it for decades, this program will help you enhance your skills for sensational results! Join nationally recognized educators and Classic Sewing specialists Kathy McMakin, Alicia Welcher, Libby Ashcraft, Kelly Williams, and Debi Gurko for an information-packed retreat focused on exquisitely created, detail-oriented, classic touches designed to take advantage of the latest sewing techniques. You’ll receive complete kits for many beautiful projects, each featuring dozens of techniques you can apply to all kinds of sewing projects.
- Take home many beautiful kits, each one with clearly illustrated, complete instructions and patterns. These projects are ones that you can use to teach classes, make for resale, enjoy for personal use or give as gifts. Priceless!
- Receive exclusive embroidery design files in all formats. These designs can also be used in your own classroom.
- Learn to work with different fabric types, laces, and trims as you build on your own sewing, serging, and embroidery skills. Move from technique to technique, project to project throughout the class. As always, you’ll learn all the techniques needed to complete the full complement of projects, and you can decide which projects to work on during the retreat. Explore and practice essential techniques and details, including how to shape trims, incorporate insertions, edgings, and entredeux, create ruffles, pleats, bindings, and so much more.
- Apply the techniques you learn to garments for babies, children, dolls, and adults, and incorporate these versatile techniques into home décor items, fashion accessories, purses, totes, and organization/storage projects.
- Projects are varied in style and complexity: some are designed to be made over and over as quick, meaningful gifts, while others are more elaborate and are destined to become treasured family heirlooms.
- Discover a variety of new uses for your specialty sewing machine and serger feet and accessories for easier and more accurate gathers, piping, puffing, pintucks, and binding.
- Gain knowledge, tips, and tricks for a range of machine embroidery applications, including appliqué, surface design, and free-standing motifs.
- Husqvarna Viking machines will be provided for classroom use.
- Includes many of the threads and stabilizers needed for your machine embroideries.
- Embroidery files used in the curriculum (in all formats).
- Designer secrets for constructing collars, plackets, hem finishes, sleeves, and closures. You know the basics, take your talents to the next level!
- Personalized attention as you learn classic, quick-to-construct methods that can be adapted to any garment in any size.
- An exclusive, tried, and true, ready-to-teach curriculum and a multitude of patterns for which you co-own the copyright. You can reproduce the patterns for your students’ use or make the garments to resell.
- Answers to your questions and easy-to-incorporate variations for each construction detail. You'll benefit from the ideas of others while enjoying the support of your faculty and other students on a similar path.
- This curriculum includes instructions for the following:
- A Construction Notebook (with tons of construction techniques)
- Purse and Headband
- Two Girls Jumpers (Sizes 2-8)
- Boys Jon-Jon (Sizes 2-4)
- Swiss Panel Sundress (Size 2-8)
- Two Heirloom Dresses: Shaped Bias on Netting (Sizes 2-8) and Pintucks and Scallops (Sizes 2-8)
- Boys Pintucks and Tatting Shirt and Pants (Sizes 2-4)
- Little Miss Tank and Skirt (Sizes 2-8)
- Boy’s Dress Shirt and Pants (Sizes 2-4)
- Boy’s Applique Shorts and Knit T-shirt (Sizes 2-6)
- Girl’s Shorts and Knit Top (Sizes 2-8)
- Hand Smocked Dress – 18” Doll and Girl (Sizes 2-8)
- High Yoke Slip (Sizes 2-8)
- Chef Hat and Apron (Sizes 2-8)
- Kitchen Diva Hat and Apron (Sizes 2-8)
- Boys Camp Shirt (Sizes 2-6)
- Boys Pajamas Set (Sizes 2-6)
- Classic Button-On Suit (Sizes 2-4)
- Smocking in the Hoop Yoke Dress (Sizes 2-8)
- Strappy Top and Ruffles Skirt (Sizes 2-8)
You will also receive a select group of carefully chosen and curated kits to sew during your days with us. Of course, what you choose to sew will always be up to you.
Reserve Your Spot
Click here to register
Click here for supply list
Call 800-699-6309 Monday through Friday, 10am-3pm ET or email email@example.com