Timeless Sewing Techniques: Modern Methods and Classic Heirloom Touches
Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing is a unique and amazing retreat that blends the love of sewing with skill-building experiences and business opportunity. Whether you want to teach or not, this week-long sewing retreat is not to be missed. With a newly created curriculum which brings you 20 wonderful projects and kits developed by our Martha Pullen licensing team, your days will be filled with hands-on sewing, lots of fun and memories to last a lifetime. We guarantee it!
Explore the many distinctive heirloom touches as you learn the secrets to executing them on today’s top of the line equipment, under the watchful eyes of the Martha Pullen sewing faculty. Whether you are new to sewing, serging and embroidery or have been at it for years, this program will help you enhance your skills for sensational results! Join nationally recognized educators and Martha Pullen specialists Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Alicia Welcher, Sis Hutchison and Angela Jones for an information-packed retreat focused on exquisitely created, detail-oriented, classic touches designed to take advantage of the latest sewing techniques. You’ll receive complete kits for 20 beautiful projects, each featuring dozens of techniques you can apply to all kinds of sewing projects.
- Take home 20 beautiful kits, each one complete with clearly illustrated, complete instructions and patterns. These projects are ones that you can use to teach classes, make for resale, enjoy for personal use or give as gifts. Priceless!
- Receive exclusive embroidery design files in all formats. These designs can also be used in your own classroom!
- Learn to work with different fabric types, laces and trims as you build on your own sewing, serging and embroidery skills. Move from technique to technique, project to project throughout the week. As always, you’ll learn all the techniques needed to complete the full complement of projects, and you can decide which projects to work on during the retreat. Explore and practice essential techniques and essential details including how to shape trims, incorporate insertions, edgings and entredeux, create ruffles, pleats, bindings and so much more.
- Apply the techniques you learn to garments for babies, children, dolls and adults, and incorporate these versatile techniques into home décor items, fashion accessories, purses, totes and organization/storage projects.
- Create a beautiful display quilt that secretly incorporates and shows off the many techniques you’ve learned. Imagine it in use, or, if you’re a teacher, as a classroom inspiration!
- Sew an amazing Christening gown, or matching First Communion dress, baby ensembles, a child’s dress with matching doll dress and more.
- Projects are varied in style and complexity: some are designed to be made over and over as quick, meaningful gifts, while others are more elaborate, and are destined to become treasured family heirlooms.
- Discover a variety of new uses for your specialty sewing machine and serger feet and accessories for easier and more accurate gathers, piping, puffing, pintucks and binding.
- Gain knowledge, tips and tricks for a range of machine embroidery applications, including appliqué, surface design and free-standing motifs.
- Sew using your own sewing machine or borrow one for classroom use. Husqvarna Viking EPIC sewing and embroidery machines will be provided for classroom use.
Click here to register!